Sunday 7 February 2016

5 Guidelines For When Your Toddler Starts Preschool



If your toddler barely raises his hand to wave you goodbye when you drop him off, what is it that you should exactly feel? 'Ja Master A ja jee le apni zindagi' or ‘Tujhe Yaad Na Meri Aayee, Kisise Ab Kya Kehna’?

I was told that I should pat my back, for having bred an independent kid. 'Yeah' (read, what do you know!) I said, as I hid the tissues.


School Bus Clip Art For Kids





Here I go, 5 Eye-Openers for You



  • Living up to my image of a crazy mom, I felt like I ought to get something to the effect of a cctv footage. What's he doing, how's he doing it, is he stumbling, is he falling, is he eating well, is he drinking enough water, is he washing his hands, what if the soap hasn't been washed off, so many questions. And where are the answers! Maybe a camera has them. Fitting it in his bag, or shirt maybe? If your better half supports these wacky ideas, I suggest you have your parents or in-laws handy to inject some sense into you.

  • Having a to-do list ready beforehand is not a very bad idea friends. So many mixed feelings, goosebumps, anxiety, curiosity, excitement, delight. Those of you who haven’t reached this stage yet, don’t you make those faces and say, Kuch jyada ho raha hai! People, I know its not as if he’s doing post-graduation or getting married. But this is in fact a big deal, one of the biggest milestones in a child’s life. The first school ever, and a bigger one for children like Master A, cos there was never any playgroup or childcare in the picture. Above all, it’s my first experience of being a school-parent yaar. So kindly understand the Nirupa Roy kinda sentiments. And amidst all this, when you have to be particular about having packed everything, imagine the chaos! Extra sets of clothes? Yes. Extra pair of socks? Yes. Extra pair of shoes? Yes. Water bottle? Yes. And him?

  • My little one has his own bag now, his first ever school bag. ‘See, he’s growing up’, we walk around with that look on the face, drawing attention of strangers, Kabhi hum usko kabhi uski  bag ko dekhte hain Awww...An amazing feeling! Until, you are trying to scoot with your own handbag, his school bag, and him, to catch hold of the 8.01 bus (the next one is after 20 minutes).

  • Fried rice with Salmon, Pumpkin & Carrot Soup! Are you serious? Are you telling me that my son is actually eating all of that stuff, without being fussy or throwing any tantrums? I have got to pop in and take lessons from the chef, Mon Ami!

  • Is it 6 am yet? Just 4.30! Is it 6 already? You got to be kidding me! Who's the one actually attending the school? Why is it that I am super exhausted? Wait, maybe cos I am not a toddler with super energy, I’m not the one with the super spring in my step, I’m not the one who’s super thrilled about going to school, I’m not the one who gets recharged after a nap and gets super enthusiastic about playing with pals. Nor the one who doesn’t sleep without the daily routine of jumping on the bed at night, to the point where I want to yell, 'So Ja Varna Gabbar aa jayega'!



New phases, new beginnings. Each one will always be super-special Master A.

Love You Loaaads Buddy!



28 comments:

Somali said...

From ‘Tujhe Yaad Na Meri Aayee, Kisise Ab Kya Kehna'to 'So Ja Varna Gabbar aa jayega', the post had me smiling all the way. Btw I must compliment you for penning down the feelings of your (ok your toddlers) first day to school so well. :)

Anonymous said...

A mother's natural anxiety put across in a light manner :) ;)
Very well written.

Rat said...

It's a roller coaster ride you have for the next few years. Happy Parenting, Leena! Well scripted like a Super Mom.:)

Unknown said...

Hehe, thanks so much Somali dear :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Anonymous! Im so glad you liked it :)

Unknown said...

Meera dear, it is a ride for sure, just hope its not a bumpy one :)
Thanks so much fro those sweet words.

Unknown said...

You have penned your toddler's experience of first day to school so well... loved it! It was a much heartwarming post! <3

Garima Nag said...

I can totally relate with each & every point you have mentioned here. I am always anxious about my child's safety & well being. Thanks for sharing this post.

Utpal Khot said...

Very well written.. I am impressed. :)
Thanks for sharing..

Kishor Kumar said...

Nicely expressed! The life of a mother is never easy. Stress, fatigue and worries are all part of it.

Arun said...

Quite a funny and hilarious post. Was smiling continuously while reading this.

Sumandebray said...

very nicely put together .. we live it everyday through our daughter.
Best Wishes for the year 2016 and also for the year of the Monkey.

Rinku said...

Thanks a lot for tips :-).....I have just started....my son is going to be 1 year old this month. Feels good to know that we all are in the same boat :-)

Tomichan Matheikal said...

Though the post has nothing to do with me, for all practical purposes, I liked it for some mysterious reasons.

Sapana V said...

Very well written Leena. For me the precious moment was this January when my younger one started playgroup!!! God 3 hours without both kids at home!! I still cant believe its happening everyday!!

JAMSHED AZMI said...

Wow... Very nice. Very well written. Thanks for this post.

Team BlogAdda said...

Congratulations! Your blog post was selected for Spicy Saturday Picks edition edition on February 13, 2016 at BlogAdda.

Please find it here:
http://blog.blogadda.com/2016/02/13/spicy-saturday-picks-february-13-2016-indian-boggers-blogadda

Unknown said...

Thanks guys! Muwwah muwaah...

Unknown said...

Thanks Maitreni dear!

Unknown said...

Im glad you could relate to it Garima! At the end of the day all mommies sail in the same boat :-)

Unknown said...

Glad you liked it UK!

Unknown said...

Easy peasy is the exact opposite of being a mom Kishore. Wonder how my mom handled 3!! :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks for those smiles Arun!

Unknown said...

Best wishes to you too Suman! Thanks for those sweet words!

Unknown said...

They say that this is the phase where you've got be extra cautious and careful, but my dear that phase never ends. Welcome to my blog Rinks :)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you did Tomi sir!

Unknown said...

Haha, Sapana dear, can totally imagine! Have you booked any salon appointments yet ;-)

Unknown said...

Pleasure is mine Jamshed! Thanks for stopping by :)