Saturday 2 January 2016

Aashiqui 2



Happy New Year 3D Vector Illustration | Free Vector Graphics | All ...




Sun raha hai na tu, ro raha hoon main ….

I resolve -
  • To tread carefully on the potholed wonders we dare to call our roads. With Janhavi Gadkar getting her driving license back, that's the minimum we have got to do. Of course, we cannot live under some sweet misconception that the footpaths are going to be any safer. Salman Khan is back on the roads people. Maybe lining up illegal hawker stalls as a protective wall is not a bad idea after all!
  • Since a woman getting raped is mostly her fault, what with the audacity she has to step out of the house, instead of remaining confined within closed doors! A veil could be a good option. But hang on, for those to whom age/marital status is no bar, it wouldn’t really matter. How about moving around with a bodyguard?
  • To live within my means, unless I amass undisclosed wealth within the 10% limit. Let me explain. Jayalalitha was acquitted cos the judges ruled that she had disproportionate assets within the permissible limit of 10%. So that’s the margin you and I got to target.
  • To never blow any whistle. Yeah! If someday, I had this amazing brainwave and I’d want to get abducted or die under mysterious circumstances, a PiL would be the way to go. Till then, the whistle shall be under the wraps.
  • If for some strange (read crazy) reason, I do undertake an endeavour of going public with some tongue-in-cheek humour, I’d first seek a no objection certificate. From, all interested parties and Aamir Khan. Cos Delhi Belly is okay, but a Roast is so not.
  • And yeah, try to figure out which category do I belong to, the tolerants or the intolerants.

Chahoon main ya na  ….

Itna bata doon tujhko, chahat pe apni mujhko yun toh nahi ikhtiyaar

Lip-service. Had you heard of this one? The TV journos do a lot of enlightening for lost souls like me, and this is one more addition to that list. It is the only service that they believe an NRI offers to India.

2015 started off with a Supreme Court decision, whereby NRIs were enabled to do e-voting. And ended on a note, where a bunch of so-called intellectuals were deeply engrossed in a debate on NDTV. The subject matter of discussion - whether an NRI should be allowed to have any stake in India’s politics or should they be pontificating at all.

As long as I restrict myself to voicing my thoughts about Veeru announcing retirement, or participate in the International Yoga Day, it shall be deemed to be okay. A concrete view on a grave subject down the road, and I’ve had it.

Tum hi ho ....

Meri baaton mein Tera zikr sada. Meri yaadon mein Teri fikr sada.

Yes you could try and make me zip up on my opinions and ideas. Yes you could try and stop me from being a part of my country’s development. You’ve gotta remember one thing though. You can take an Indian out of India, but not India out from an Indian.


Aashiqui 1 is a no-brainer guys, life on the personal front, including my blog, where I speak my heart out. More on that later. Without any further ado, let me wish all you wonderful people a rocking New Year.
Happy new year to all!
To all my loyal readers,
To all of those who frown at what I write,
And oh, you guys too, who just bookmark the page in their heads :-)


PS. "I'm sharing my #TalesOf2015 with BlogAdda." 
Image Source: Clip arts 





27 comments:

Sumeet Nayak said...

Awesome post. Sattire at its best. Happy New Year everyone.

Vishal Bheeroo said...

You can take an Indian out of India, but not India out from an Indian. How I love this line, Leena. Love your satire on issues plaguing the country.
Have an awesome year, happy new year:)

Unknown said...

Thanks Sumeet dear :)

Unknown said...

Wish you the same buddy! Have an awesome New Year, and thanks for those sweet words as always :)

Rakhi Jayashankar said...

You can take an Indian out of India, but not India out from an Indian.
Love this

A very sarcastic, satiric, inspirational, thought-provoking and responsible blog

Unknown said...

True Leena, our Indian-ness sticks along wherever we go. :-) I am sure many would join you in this resolution on treading carefully through the potholed roads.
Wish you and your loved ones a wonderful 2016.

Kokila gupta said...

Now these are some resolutions for sure!glad to read and find you as a new connection in the new year :) have a wonderful year ahead sans the discrimination, intolerance and potholes ...

shraddha singh said...

Wow... i am speechless... reading it.
so nice to be packed in words..
great.

Writefully Yours said...

Wow! That's a unique way of writing a post! loved it :)

sujata sengupta said...

You are a genius with satire! Loved your resolutions. A very happy new year to you Leena.

Sapana V said...

Nicely written Post. thought-provoking .. Happy New Year Leena

JAMSHED AZMI said...

Awesome post. Happy New Year Leena Ji.

Anonymous said...

This is heavy on satire. Well thought and well written. You can never take an Indian out of India. Never! :D

Unknown said...

Thanks Rakhi! Welcome to my blog :)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Kokila! The pleasure is mutual :)
Here is to new connections!!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Shraddha dear! Appreciate!

Unknown said...

Thanks Prateek, and welcome to my blog!

Unknown said...

Haha, you are being kind Sujata! Thank you so much :)

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you too dear Sapana!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you too Jamshed ji!

Unknown said...

Absolutely Ranjini! Thank you :)

Rajesh said...

Good one. Very nicely written.

प्रसन्नवदन चतुर्वेदी 'अनघ' said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR.....

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Rajesh!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you too Chaturvediji!

khushi said...

Am wondering how i could i miss this post! Sattire at its best!

Though a bit late, happy new year to you Leena!

Cheers
Khushi

Unknown said...

Happy New Year to you too sweetie :-)