Wednesday 8 July 2015

The Hubby's Birthday.....

As he drove home that night, he wondered if she was indeed giving him a silent punishment for having mocked her on her 7 births' funda and her driving skills (Refer Till Death Do Us Part...A 7 Births' Contract). Scene two, dominating mother-in-law’s arrival. Scene three, mother-in-law on his bed, in his bedroom, apparently in need of some emotional flushing. Until the mother-in-law’s psychiatrist had spoken of it, his humble soul knew only flushing of one kind, the one that cleaned the toilet. Scene three had begun some 3 weeks back and didn’t seem to have a last dialogue. He wanted to shout out loud, ‘Cut!’





There was some hope tonight. It was his birthday. And he had overheard them talking. Her mom was planning a visit to a cousin’s house for the long weekend ahead.

“Happy Birthday sweetheart!” He had forgotten what it felt like to be greeted at the door by her, since the day her mom had made it a daily duty. She looked different, beautiful.

“(Oh yeah!). Thanks, pumpkin pie. So?” he asked, in an indifferent tone. All the while looking for signs of the MiL’s presence.

“So what?” She acted ignorant.

“So nothing. Absolutely nothing. I was simply wondering how your classes were shaping up.” Nope. MiL definitely wasn’t around.

“Oh that! Yoga’s making me feel good for sure. About me, about us. About everything in general.”

“Isn’t that what we want at the end of the day? (I couldn’t have asked for more).” He wanted to jump, as in literally jump with joy, but he controlled himself.

“Can you guess what I’ll be treating you to?” He was shaken out of his reverie with her romantic voice.

“Oh you didn’t have to, sweetie.” All the drama.

“Of course I had to. Its your first birthday since we got married, its special. And I have a special gift for the special occasion," she insisted.

“Really? (I hope it is what I think it is).”

“It will relax you like nothing else possibly could,” she said.

“Now that you say it, I must say I havent really relaxed in a long time. (My ego just wouldn’t let me admit it)”. His heart started beating at a faster pace.

“It will tantalise your senses,” she added making his already anxious mind a little more impatient.

“(Today’s my lucky day),” he thought to himself.

“Once you’ve done it, you shall sleep like a baby,” she went on.

“I just cannot wait. (Waiting for tonight, Ohohoh….).”

“I'm going to blindfold you. I want you to feel it before you see it.” She smiled coyly as she said that.

“Darling let me help you with that. (You’ll take ages, i'll do it in a jiffy.)” His pleasure knew no bounds.

She held him by his arm and started walking with him to the bedroom. He could almost hear his own heartbeat now. She made him sit, and he felt the sensations. No he really really felt them. He was feeling vibrations, the real kind. What was happening? He opened his eyes. She stood right in front, smiling broadly. MiL was right there, by her side. And he was shaking. With the vibrations of the new massage chair.

More of Him and Her in my future posts :)

What inspired me to write about my sweet fictional couple today though, is the hubby's birthday. After 9 years of marriage, filled with innumerable occasions, I have exhausted all gift options there could possibly be. Forget about something 'spectacular'. I have to plan much much ahead of time, to come up with something that can fit the category of a 'decent gift' when it comes to him. 

Why is it so difficult to choose a gift for a man? When it comes to a woman, one has tons of options. Right from handbags to jewellery, from accessories to cosmetics, from household items to outdoor needs. And no, I am not one of those who'd be happy with the cliched 'It is the feelings that count'. I enjoy seeing real joy on the face when I gift someone. This time I have managed to come up with something, phew! Next time, I'd probably need your help :)


PS. I'd like to know though, does it happen to all of you? Or do I belong to the minority?



15 comments:

Unknown said...

True...I am one of them ..can never decide what should be an ideal gift.....

Unknown said...

Its not at all difficult . just keep an eye on his necessity list like his perfume his stock of clothes, etc etc n then buy him that thing which is most wanted n at the top of his necessity list. He'll Soo happy at least my hubby is always overwhelmed with the gifts I give him. N then u get to hear those super natural words "darling u know me n my needs so well , tu nastis tar mazha Kay zhala asta, thanks for being in my life n all blah blah blahs...." Hahaha....

Unknown said...

Yep Ashu..most of us sailing in the same boat :)

Unknown said...

Sonal, thanks for the tips :)
And yeah, without us, really men would've had a tough time ;-)

stuka said...

Ya its pretty tough to find good gifts for guys...not a lot of choices..one gift that comes to my mind is books...provided he is a reader....
.

stuka said...

Ya its pretty tough to find good gifts for guys...not a lot of choices..one gift that comes to my mind is books...provided he is a reader....
.

Unknown said...

Yeah books are a good option indeed..

Noopur said...

HEHE right now I don't have a husband :D :P ...lol..
I hope you select the gift for him ASAP.. all the best!

Unknown said...

Thanks Noopur!.. And do let me know when you have one..I shall merrily give you tips on gifting if you need them :)

yoprabhu said...

Haha........true. I will suggest better go for Indian Style, give him money and let him decide what he want.
Nicely written!

Unknown said...

Thanks Yogesh!
And I love your idea ;-)

Rat said...

Hehe.. Good one. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am not married, but I do agree that it is very very verrry difficult to pick gifts for men. In fact, I have felt that there are a few more options to gift your husband (if you know what I mean). But even then, compared to gifts for ladies, gifts for men are really too less. :/

Unknown said...

Thanks Meera! Glad you liked it :)

Unknown said...

You don't have to be married, Ranjini dear :)
Each one of us experiences this at some point with some or the other male, pheww! And yeah, i do know what you mean ;-)