Thursday 26 November 2015

To My Dearly Beloved....




Okay, so that’s a deceiving title. I’ll explain. I’ve (my blog has) been given a Liebster Award. If you look up the meaning for ‘Liebster’, the answers that you shall get are - beloved, dearest, sweetheart. But this meaning has got nothing to do with my post, apologies.
Liebster Awards are given by bloggers to other brethren. You get it and pass on the torch to ten other bloggers.

The questionnaires that float around the blogosphere with the Liebster, remind me of slam books we used to fill up in schools. Ah, fun times. I thought I'd up the fun factor and make a twisted questionnaire. Hope I don’t get frowns and curses for this one, instead of the thankyou note I’m supposed to be receiving. (If you do throw a shoe my way, please ensure it’s a pair.)




First things first, this Liebster has come to me from a fellow blogger I’ve had the pleasure of knowing recently. Prasanna Dasari. Thanks pal for this one.


HERE GOES MY INTERROGATION .....
  1. Where did it all begin? (Wait, blogging I mean)
  2. What does your blog focus on? (Or are you more like me? Pulling out the pen, and lashing out at the world on every damn subject. Don’t blame me; I have a tool mightier than the sword I’ve been told)
  3. What’s your poison? Show me the money honey or, Saala main toh sahib ban gaya!
  4. Okay so I comment, you comment, we all comment for……. It’s been a while since we’ve been discussing topics of international, national, even gully importance. Its high time I knew whom I’m talking to. Tell me more about yourself, shall ya?
  5. Hitting the keyboard and cursing the wifi is what our free time mostly comprises of. Other than that, what’s your relaxation mantra?
  6. If they made you the Prime Minister of India for one day, who’s a** would you kick first? (I know picking one’s tough, thanks to our state of affairs, but I’m sure with your foresight you can do it)
  7. Some intelligent soul once said to me, that he thought Global Warming equals to the climate getting warmer! Never mind, one tip/advice that you would want to share with all readers for doing their little bit.
  8. Your take on (choose one) - Returns or Exchange policy of authors on awards or, The ‘Intolerance’ mania
  9. Any wish (better still if it’s a secret one) for Santa this year?
  10. Your opinion on my blog and style of writing. Keep a hand on your blog (window), and say the truth, nothing but the truth. (No venting out anger for the questions above.)

AND THE NOMINEES ARE .....

I merrily pass on the award to (alphabetical order):


All of you rock. I sincerely hope that you do enjoy answering these questions, as much I had fun framing them.
Apart from the above 10, I wish I could have nominated all the lovely friends in blogosphere that I’ve had the fortune of knowing. Rulebooks, huh!


LISTEN TO MY RANT NOW .....

Now, coming to the difficult part of the post. Answering questions. It’s like giving an interview. If you care for a tête-à-tête, I can bore you to death. But throw pointed questions my way, about myself, and it’s a sure shot googly. Anyway, here I go:

1. Tell me about your blog and what inspired you to start it:
I’ve been writing from school days, essay competitions back then and serious writing later in life. When I realized my toddler’s soon gonna spread his wings out, and leave me lots of time for myself, I took a u-turn and ran to my forever passion for help. I write about anything and everything under the sun. Try and stop me.

2. What is your favourite quote and how close is it to your real life:
I love lots of them, there is no one particular favourite. But I’d like to share an inspirational one for my readers -
‘Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.

3. Provide two tips to newbie bloggers:
I’m a newbie myself. But like every other Agony Aunt, when it comes to giving advice I go all out, doesn’t matter if I need some myself.
a. Write with passion
b. Incorrect English is a strict nono.

4. The most challenging moment in blogging so far:
Hitting the keys again after my dad passed away. But it was him who had been the happiest about my blogging decision, and so here I am.

5. What does real success mean to you:
Contentment, mental peace and happiness.

6. How do you prepare yourself to face the tough situations:
I hold on to my loved ones.

7. What topics would you like to read in the future on my blog:
Anything that comes from the heart, buddy.

8. How much time do you spend on blogging:
Not as much as I’d want to currently, given I have my hands full. Once Master A starts school, I’d be able to devote more time.

9. What is your favorite holiday spot:
My village in Konkan, tranquil and innocuous. And every other place where I can spend quality time with loved ones.

10a. Share your blog post(s) link here which is your all time favourite. Explain briefly why it is special to you:
Nah, can’t choose one. I’ll just mention 5 at random –

10b. One thing about blogging is having the ability to find your voice since there are millions of other blogs out there to compete with. How did you find “your voice” or your style of blogging for your blog?
I just speak my heart out. I guess that’s it.



AH, BEFORE I FORGET, THE RULEBOOK .....

  • Be gratuitous to the nominator, thank him/her for nominating you
  • Display the award in your post (anywhere you wish to)
  • Now it's your turn, nominate 10 more bloggers with 10 more questions for them.
  • Answer the questions asked by the nominator.
  • Notify the nominees (using social sites)

Over to you.


43 comments:

Parul said...

Thank you so much Leena! So kind of you to think of me.
Wonderful to know a bit more about you and yes, those questions are interesting :):) Written with a twist!

Shoma Abhyankar said...

First congrats. Nice twist in usual award questions. I was nominated now it seems long time back... Good to have such friends who value what we write.

Sumandebray said...

Thanks for sharing a slice of your blogging-self
And also thanks for passing the baton over to me, its truly a honor.
While I surely will write a acceptance blogpost answering the questions posted but probably will not pass it over to others.

( ....i am worried they might return it back to me. in protest!)

Unknown said...

Thanks Parul! The pleasure is mine dear. And I'm glad you find the questions interesting :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Shoma! Yep thats true, it is good to have such friends indeed.

Unknown said...

Hehe Suman, nobody will do that I'm sure. I shall await the answers. And the pleasure is mutual buddy :)

Vishal Bheeroo said...

Thanks loads, Leena for nominating. I will put it on Sunday and will be back at it after a year so. Must be fun to write:)

sujata sengupta said...

Thanks Leena. It was good to know a part of you through this post. I will surely write a post on this.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning the award!

Maniparna said...

First of all, Congrats Leena..you truly deserve this and many such award :-)

I love your writing and it's really nice to know a tad more about you. I liked the definition of success. I too, believe the same..:-)

Thanks a lot for choosing me, I've received a lot of virtual awards from my blogger friends and every time I feel the same happiness and joy when anyone bestow the honour :-)

Happy blogging, dear...I'm happy that we are friends... :-)

Maniparna said...

Oops..I've an overdose of emotiocns in the above comment..hehe...habit... :-P

magiceye said...

Congratulations on being the recipient of the award!!

Thank you for the award but unfortunately my blog does not accept these awards. My apologies.

Cheers!!

Sadhvi said...

Congrats for the award ..Good to know many things about you . The quote you like is really inspiring.

Prasanna Dasari said...

A stunning post from you Leena :) Congratulations! for the award and am glad about it. All your answers are brilliant, i really liked one of your favourite quotes "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent" And so far i know you are best in blogosphere. I'll be roaming around your blog for your posts they're indeed very interesting. Have a great day, happy blogging.

Arun said...

Congrats for your award .. :) Enjoyed reading your answers!

Unknown said...

Look forward to your post Vishal! Get the ball rolling!

Unknown said...

You are welcome Sujata. Await your post!

Unknown said...

Thank you Anonymous!

Unknown said...

Same pinch on a lot of things dearie! You know very well Mani, the pleasure is mutual :). One of the good things about blogging, making friends like you!
And I always enjoy reading what you write, so if you have paragraphs to pen down, bring them on :)

Unknown said...

Never mind Deepak, my bad. I should've checked with your beforehand! Thanks for stopping by.

Unknown said...

Thanks Sadhvi. Glad you liked it :)

Unknown said...

You made my day Prasanna! Such words are always encouraging. I'm very glad I bumped into you on blogosphere :)
And do keep coming by, it shall always be a pleasure. Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Arun! Welcome to my blog :)

shraddha singh said...

you have framed nice questions leena...
and the answers that you gave were awesm too.
Best of luck to all the nominees.
love.

JAMSHED AZMI said...

Thanks loads, Leena for nominating.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Shraddha dear! Have a good weekend.

Alok singhal said...

So great to see a lovely list here...so many achievers! Congratulations to you too !

Rat said...

It's good to know more about you Leena. Congratulations! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Leena!

Unknown said...

Thanks Alok!

Unknown said...

Thanks Meera. Glad you liked what you read :)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Reetu dear :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the award Leena.. Bad english a strict no no.. I agree :) First time here, will come visiting

khushi said...

Congrats on the award Leena!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Pins N Ashes! Welcome to my blog, keep coming :)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Khushi!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Leena, for winning the award and for writing brilliant answers. Also, thank you for nominating me. I'll surely get back with my nominations and answers.

Unknown said...

Thanks Kishor for the wishes! Look forward to your post on this one, pleasure is surely mine :)

Vinitha said...

Thanks a lot for the nomination, Leena. You are very kind. :) Congratulations on the award. :) Loved reading your answers.
PS. I am not really well, that's why the delay in responding. Thanks again. :)

Vishal Bheeroo said...

Here it is Leena:

https://vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com/2015/12/08/i-am-a-liebster-munch-popcorn-and-enjoy/

Unknown said...

No worries Vinitha. Get well soon.
And the pleasure was mine dear!

Jyoti Dehliwal said...

अवार्ड के लिए बहुत बहुत बधाई...लीना जी

Unknown said...

Thank you Jyoti ji!