Saturday 14 November 2015

Pamper With Pampers!



It’s funny how we call our babies little bundles of joy. Cos they aren’t as little as you naive souls might think. By naïve souls I mean that part of human race, which is miles away from motherhood, or even the preggy ladies for that matter.

Let me explain. My little bundle of joy made an arrival on the life scene two years ago. Boundless Joy - check. Over Excitement – check. Infinite Love – check. Overly Protective Attitude – check. Underlying Fear – check. Surprised with the last one? Until the D-day my friends, it’s all hunky dory. Getting indulged from all directions. Apart from the special care at home, strangers do their bit too. Seats being given up, ways being cleared, a helping hand being offered. We get spoilt and misled. And then, the moment of truth. Its nature’s way of telling you, sarcastically, ‘Abhi toh party shuru hui hai!






You may have cracked exams, you may have sailed through job interviews, managed a demanding husband, or tackled a nagging wife. But taking responsibility of a human being, it’s a totally different ball-game altogether. Especially one who is totally dependent on you; plus is so delicate initially that you are frantically figuring out the right way to even hold him!

Moms can be divided in two categories. Well as such there are hell lots of distinguishing features, but when it comes to baby parenting, there are two distinct types, the new age mom and the old school mom.

A look at me, and you’d fit me in the previous group but looks can be deceptive. I’m as old school as can be. Having been brought up in a joint family, having being raised by a super-traditional and dominating grandma has deep-down effects on the personality. (We can discuss my rookie errors and slip-ups some other day, lets focus!) And so I stayed away from books and mostly followed the tried and tested old-age advice.

At the same time, having access to some good pediatricians, and having doctors on both sides of the family, means one cannot remain untouched by the new age fundae. The decisions are tough, but its all about what you feel is best for your baby. So say, my doc would strictly say no to sugar and honey until age 1. Had my grandma been around, she would’ve frowned, “Oh, what does he know!”

A cloth nappy would’ve been her advice. Cos of the firm belief that diapers aren’t good for the delicate skin of the baby. I would’ve probably followed her instructions in this regard too had I not experienced the world of Pampers. My child is a Pampers child. So much so, that he doesn’t say ‘diaper’, he says ‘Pampers’.

Babies are blessed with an amazing skin texture. Maintaining it is a big challenge. 5 things that I feel can help:

  • Massaging with a good oil – The Indian practice of massaging a baby before a bath is not only good for their muscles but also does wonders on the skin.
  • Moisturizing the skin after a bath – Again, you may use old age home remedies or the good branded moisturizers. What is important is the nourishing.
  • Using soft clothes – The delicate skin needs to be protected with good fabrics.
  • Using the right diaper – There are quite a few options available in the market. But if you want a relatively inexpensive one, the baby is better off without it.
  • Changing the diaper at the right intervals – This is baby specific and you would figure it out along the way.

Something that a guy can never relate to, and the woman can never forget, the delivery, is just the beginning. The first few months are filled with sleepless nights and tiring days. The pre-baby era’s anthem ‘Tere mere milan ki yeh raina’ gets converted into ‘Poocho na kaise maine rain bitai in the post-baby era. Life changes in more ways than one, but it’s all worth it. For the center of the parents’ universe, the ‘little’ angel. And don’t we just wanna give them the best?


PS. Pampers brings you the softest ever Pampers Premium Care Pants. Its cotton-like softness is #SoftestForBabySkin and allows it to breathe, thus keeping baby’s skin soft and healthy, and your baby happy. 


20 comments:

JAMSHED AZMI said...

Wow very nice article here. Pampers is the best for babies.

Unknown said...

Yep I truly believe so! Thanks for your compliment Jamshed :)

Parul said...

Ha ha! I loved how you related the movie songs for the before-after situation. Good one Leena!

sunaina sharma said...

This truly made me laugh Leena....being mom of two, I have been there, done that....And poocho na kaise maine rain bitai....:)

Unknown said...

Thanks Parul dear! Really glad you liked it :)

Unknown said...

Hehe Sunaina, we all for sure sail in the same boat :)
A warm welcome to my blog.

sujata sengupta said...

I am so glad those days are done for me ;)
hilarious post!

Unknown said...

I love how you added humour in a situation like this; Makes a serious moment lighter and fun filled isn't it. I do the same but inside my head really. As it is.. people think I'm delirious. Do not want to fodder their thoughts anymore. :) I love how you connected songs for the before and after situations too.

xoxo - Style.. A Pastiche

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Sujata. Very glad you liked it :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Chaicy. Words like these are always encouraging. Welcome to my blog :)

xoxo

Sadhvi said...

Hilarious post . I really really love the ad of pampers which you posted here. I really get tempted to buy a pack when i see ad but problem is I don't have kids.

Unknown said...

Love your humor quotient. :) Very nicely penned.

Maniparna said...

Hehe...loved your style of writing, Leena... wonderfully written, amusing yet informative... :-)

Sri Kri said...

Hahaha.Loved your humor sense in this post. Nice post Leena.

Cheers,
Sriram & Krithiga

Sapana said...

Very Funny Leena! My elder son was also comfortable with pampers only.

Unknown said...

Haha Sadhvi, your comment is apt for the humour quotient on my post.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the compliment Maitreni! Glad u liked it :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Mani dear, for your lovely words as always :)

Unknown said...

Thanks SriKri! Glad you liked :)

Unknown said...

Is it! Its got to be comfortable isn't it Sapana, if thats what our babies prefer?